Thornhill Primary School was welcomed to Cardfields last week for their school journey adventure. With a fun packed programme the young people tried their hand at new skills listed below whilst exploring the grounds at Cardfields. :
- Bushcraft – building a small camp fire and cooking their own toast
- BMXing – learning how to ride a bike for some or challenging themselves on the new track
- Karting – working within a team to build a kart and then racing them
- Orienteering – compass and map reading to Heather Hills, hiking for 6 miles
- Shelter building – building survival camps in the woods
- Exploring the grounds and using all the amenities available to them e.g. outside table tennis/chess/football/basket ball/games room etc.
- Day visiting Colchester Zoo
- Team challenges
- Life skills – learning to make their own bed, laying table for dinner
- Star gazing
- Camp fire toasting marshmallows
Mr Kyle Stebbing, Year 4 Teacher/Science Lead stated ” On behalf of myself, Helen, Sarah and Louise I’d like to thank all the staff at Cardfields for helping to make our visit last week such an enjoyable one. We all loved it – students and staff alike. A number of the students have commented on how welcoming and pleasant the staff were and we couldn’t agree more. We really appreciate all of your efforts which kept the week running smoothly and kept us all engaged, happy, stimulated, comfortable and well-fed!
We had a fantastic time at Cardfields. All the staff were extremely welcoming, friendly and enthusiastic. Our students had the time of their lives, enjoying the on-site activities including bush craft, BMX biking and orienteering all within the beautiful surroundings at Cardfields. We also loved the walk to Heather Hills and our visit to Colchester Zoo. The learning opportunities, accommodation, food and level of care provided by the Cardfields staff were excellent. A trip to Cardfields is highly recommended – we can’t wait to visit again!”
Cardfields looks forward to welcoming Thornhill Primary School in 2023!
To book your school journey contact Cardfields.