Islington Council and the Cardfields Centre will process your personal data in-line with the EU General Data Protection Regulation and the Data Protection Act of 2018. Any personal information you give us is held securely and will be used only for council purposes.
How we will process and use your data
Personal information is collected from you in order to meet and discharge our contractual obligations and perform a task in the public interest. In some circumstances, we may also require your consent to process your data. However, where we are processing your data based on consent, you will have a right to withdraw consent and the service provided to you will not be impacted in any way.
If you fail to provide the personal information requested, amongst other things we may not be able to provide you with a service for which you may have requested.
The legal basis for the use of your personal data will be one or more of the following:
- to carry out a task in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority in our capacity as a Local Authority hire facility
- to meet our contractual obligations in relation to your booking with us
- explicit consent is sought in very limited circumstances such as photography for marketing purposes
The data we will collect
We will process the following information about you:
- Contact details of schools, email addresses for lead teachers and telephone numbers obtained from visiting schools for their school journey
- Name of children, year group, total number of boys and girls is collected for use for our sandwich list and group information
- Dietary and medical needs obtained for visiting children and teachers and passed onto our Chef and staff to use during their stay e.g. allergies, food intolerants, disabilities, medical information
- Visiting Teachers mobile numbers are obtained for emergency purposes when on site
- Pupils birthdays are celebrated at Cardfields so name, age and date of birthday is obtained for personalised cakes
- Accident forms are completed as and when required, name of person, DOB, school name/visiting group name, injury and medical assistance provided is gathered and recorded on a form then added to our Iris system for Islington Schools only. Other schools or visiting group form is kept on file and copy given to school/group
- Guests/contractors are asked to sign in upon arrival with their name, company name, vehicle registration and reason for attending site
- Private hire clients complete a booking form with their contact details e.g. name, address, telephone/mobile number and email
- Private hire clients complete a group booking information form with the number of guests visiting, total male/female. No names are obtained unless needed for catered weekends e.g. dietary needs, medical needs and birthdays (for cake purpose)
- Private hire clients have previously sent bank details via email for reimbursement of monies for holding deposit. This is shared with Islington Council Finance department only to carry out process. This happens maybe only 3-4 times within a year
- Names of schools, visiting groups and/or private clients names e.g. Rotherfield School/ Spector family (for private hire) can be mentioned within a blog on our website, Facebook, Twitter and Instagram accounts about their stay at Cardfields. Permission is obtained from group leader requesting permission to blog. No photos of visiting schools are used unless permission has been obtained from parents via school. Visiting school obtain consent and then forward photos on to us for use. Private hire client main leader gives permission for use of photo(s)
Information we share with third parties
- Cardfields will share the name of the school, number of children, lead teacher name and contact number (on occasions) to our contractors who provide outdoor activities to visiting schools/groups they are:
- Stubbers (only require name of school, name of children, age and DOB which the school provide direct upon arrival in hard copy through a consent risk form ensuring agreement of taking part in the activities)
- Rope Runners (only require name of school, name of children, age and DOB which the school provide direct upon arrival in hard copy through a consent risk form ensuring agreement of taking part in the activities)
- Colchester Zoo
- Riverside Ice Skating
- X Adventure
- Colchester Leisure Pool
- On occasions, children incur accidents whilst at Cardfields and may need to seek medical attention e.g. Dentist, A&E, Local GP. Parents are contacted via the lead teacher of visiting group and informed of situation and plan of action. Parents give consent direct to Teacher and Cardfields assist by driving the pupil/teacher to place of assistance. A teacher is always present and will provide the personal information on behalf of the parent to the emergency services. This would be recorded within our accident form
- Contact details of any visiting group/ clients could get passed onto Essex Police/Essex Emergency services if an incident occurred
- Name of schools/visiting group, address, contact number, lead organiser name and number attending in total is provided to Jackson Coaches when booking transport on behalf of groups
- Cardfields staff mobile/home numbers are listed within Cardfields evacuation plan which is provided in our Emergency Grab bags. This is used in case of a serious emergency. Copy of this has also been sent to our H&S corporate department within Islington and saved on our system. We do not circulate this to schools only hard copy on site within bags
- Private hire client/supplier details e.g. name of company/client, address, telephone number, email, bank details are provided to our Islington Finance Team for setting up new suppliers or sundry debtor forms are completed to invoice private clients direct
- Cardfields newsletters are circulated every six months to visiting schools/groups/private hire clients via email. This is based on clients subscribing to receive these newsletters
- Cardfields staff DBS certficates are recorded within our HR folder and copy emailed across to Anne Whittaker for LBI personnel use
- Thank you letters/feedback is received via email, forms or letter/cards in post. These are circulated to our Children’s Services Directors for good news stories and cards/letters may be displayed within our hallway, they may have a name of the sender displayed
Your data will be stored on council servers and will be retained for a period of seven years after your case has been closed for auditing and fraud purposes.
For more information, please contact Angela Jenkins on 01245 380371.
The council’s Data Protection Officer is Leila Ridley. You can contact her using the details below:
Head of Information Governance and Data Protection Officer
4th floor, 7 Newington Barrow Way
London N7 7EP
Or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have been dissatisfied with the service you have been provided and have exhausted the council’s corporate complaints process, you can refer any complaints to the Local Government Ombudsmen.
Details of how to complain can be found here: https://www.lgo.org.uk/make-a-complaint
London Borough of Islington has used its experience and expertise to provide a programme of activities with content which is relevant, accurate and valid. However, we accept no responsibility or liability for consequences arising from its implementation. To the extent permitted by law, London Borough of Islington excludes liability for any loss or injury incurred by any delegate whilst attending or travelling to or from courses held at Cardfields.