Cardfields welcomed back John Keble Primary School for an amazing week of activities, home cooked food and the opportunity of exploring the beautiful grounds and surrounding Essex countryside.
With the sun shining, the children enjoyed running around the grounds of Cardfields as well as learning new skills and learning to be independent.
- Orienteering in the grounds – learning to read a compass and map
- Bush craft – building a small camp fire and cooking toast
- Andrew Goldsworthy Natural Sculptures – creating art using natural materials from the grounds of Cardfields (picture above)
- 6-mile walk to Heather Hills using orienteering skills
- Bug hunting in the woods at Heather Hills
- Shelter building – creating amazing shelters in the woods
- Pond study – pond dipping and identifying insects
- BMX Biking
- Gardening – learning about various soils and making their own garden pot and sowing seeds
- Team challenges – working together as a team
- Soft archery in the grounds
- Camp fire under the stars toasting marshmallows and camp fire songs
Memories were made for John Keble Primary School. Cardfields looks forward to welcoming them back in 2020.
To book your school journey contact Cardfields.